Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Pediatrics Department seeks a full time Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist to practice in Morgantown, WV with strong teaching interests.
This is a unique opportunity in pediatric critical care and pediatric cardiology to join a renowned team of aligned providers in cardiology, surgery, perfusion, critical care, anesthesia and others making an extraordinary difference in the lives of patients not only locally, but across our entire state.
With an anticipated opening in 2022, our new 150 bed Children s Hospital will have a full suite of pediatric operating rooms, cardiac catheterization lab/interventional radiology, and GI-endoscopy with dedicated pediatric anesthesia staff. The hospital will include 34 pediatric beds, 54 NICU beds, 26 PICU beds, Heart Center, and a dedicated Cancer Center. WVU Medicine Children s is a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center, with plans to become Level 1, as it is for adults currently.
- MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Eligible to obtain a state medical license
- Successful completion of an accredited pediatrics residency and accredited critical care and/or cardiology fellowship program. One year of additional training is required in pediatric cardiac intensive care if not dually trained in both fellowships.
- Board certified/eligible in pediatric critical care and/or cardiology. Five years of cardiac intensive care work experience will be considered in lieu of formal cardiac intensive care training. Preference will be given to candidates who are dually trained in Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Critical Care and are board certified/eligible in both subspecialties.
- 100% employer-contributed 401, including access to supplemental retirement plans
- Free college tuition for dependents and employees
- Access to two accredited child care centers
- Discounted WVU season athletic tickets
- Liability insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance with access to the Physician Family Network for assimilation into the community
- Comprehensive benefits package for entire family
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University s affiliated health system, West Virginia s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The system is comprised of eighteen member hospitals, anchored by, J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, an academic medical center offering tertiary and quaternary care.
The West Virginia University Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of America s Best Employers 2021.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for lifestyle. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment and convenient access to Pittsburgh, PA. An excellent school system, beautiful homes, and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation are available.