Rush Health Systems, based out of Meridian, MS, is searching for a BE/BC Cardiovascular surgeon to reestablish a Cardiovascular surgical program. The new physician will join the hospital s current cardiac service line of Interventional cardiology and vascular surgery as well as a vein and wound care center. This program addition will further strengthen all areas of the Rush Heart Program. Our group is dedicated to providing high-quality cardiac care throughout East Mississippi and West Alabama.
Rush Health Systems is an integrated health system consisting of a 215-bed hospital; a 49 bed LTAC hospital; 5 critical access hospitals, and over 30 clinics located throughout the area. We are the largest employer in the region and over 100 years old. Our hospital has the experience and infrastructure in place to build a successful cardiovascular program including skilled cardiac trained staff, administrative support and technologically advanced equipment. We are recruiting physician leaders who will shape the future of healthcare in our community. Rush Health Systems is committed to providing all the tools needed to make the Rush Heart Program the premier cardiovascular program in the region. Rush will join forces with Ochsner Health this summer.
Highlights of this Cardiovascular surgical opportunity:
- Ability to step into an already existing high volume practice with a large 8 county referral network of Rush Clinics and hospitals.
- Patient service area of over 350,000.
- Current team of 4 Interventional Cardiologists and 3 mid-levels; one vascular surgeon; and one vein specialist.
- Cardiology Clinic is located in a multi-specialty clinic building which is adjacent to a 215-bed hospital with two cath labs and a hybrid peripheral room.
- High expected volume. In 2020, we referred over 120 cardiovascular surgical procedures to other facilities.
- 23 bed closed ICU with dedicated med/surgical team.
- DaVinci Robot Surgical System.
- Established Adult Hospitalist Program staffed by Rush.
- Fully integrated EHR system utilizing EPIC.
- New young administration that directly supports our physicians.
- Rapidly growing system with the addition of over 30 new physicians in the last two years including 3 new Interventional Cardiologists.
- Competitive base salary plus productivity to yield proven income potential over MGMA 75th%.
- Enticing Recruitment Package consisting of sign-on and/or loan repayment.
- Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
- New procedures implemented in the first year include Impella left ventricular assist device, pulmonary thrombectomy, orbital coronary atherectomy and ultraviolet laser atherectomy.
- J1 waivers accepted.
Employee benefits provided by Rush, including:
- Health and Dental insurance (Employer/Employee Contribution).
- Disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Retirement plans.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) & Association Dues reimbursement of up to $3,750 per year.
- Paid time off (PTO) of 160 hours per calendar year to be used for vacation, sick time, and CME.
- Reimbursement for relevant medical licensure (MS & AL License; DEA)
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000.
About Meridian, MS: A small city with a population of 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The Meridian Museum of Art; Meridian Little Theatre; the Meridian Symphony Orchestra; and most recently, a spectacular Children s Museum. The city has an active Business Development organization (EMBDC) that promotes new and existing developments and leadership opportunities. Recognized as a philanthropic community, there are multiple avenues to get involved in service and social organizations. Meridian is truly a hidden Gem in the South. Apply Here