Louisiana State University Health Science Center - Shreveport
LSU s Department of Medicine seeks a Division Head for the Division of Infectious Disease at the LSU Health Shreveport in Shreveport, Louisiana. This individual will lead the clinical, educational, research and other programmatic missions of this large and dynamic division of the Department of Medicine.
The Division consists of over four faculty located in three hospitals: Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, St Mary s Hospital and Monroe Medical Center. The Mission of the LSU Health Shreveport Department of Medicine is to develop and mentor compassionate and physicians competent in clinical care and service to the community, contemporary education and research in a diverse and supportive culture.
The Division has a tradition of exceptionally strong clinical services, including all aspects of consultative and inpatient Infectious Disease evaluation and treatment. The Division is recruiting outstanding and committed young faculty with diverse clinical interests to meet these needs. In addition, we have a large outpatient presence at the main campus hospital, and desire expansion into our hospital in Monroe, as well as rural areas. Our fellowship program enrolls one traditional GI Fellow each year but can be expanded.
The Division has a key role in education at every level of training and across many disciplines. In particular, the Division is active in teaching medical students and internal medicine residents, as well as allied health providers. The goal of the fellowship program is to train the future leaders in academic Infectious Disease, including research, clinical care and medical education. The Division places great emphasis on career development and provides guidance for fellows choosing different career paths.
Our Division of Infectious Disease places an emphasis on clinical, translational research particularly in the areas of HIV and Hepatitis C. They recently have initiated a multi-disciplinary Covid 19 longtitudinal clinic. They are actively enrolling in Covid 19 Vaccine trials.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The Department of Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center - Shreveport is seeking an outstanding physician-leader to serve as the Head of the Division of Infectious Disease. This individual, appointed at the Associate or Full Professor level, will lead the clinical, educational, research and other programmatic missions of the division within the Department of Medicine and will be responsible for the fiscal management of the Division.
This position reports directly to Dr. Steven Bailey, Chair, Department of Medicine.
This position is responsible for supervision of faculty and staff in the Division of Infectious Disease.
- Have an MD, MD/PhD, DO, or international equivalent terminal degree
- Be eligible for medical licensure and clinical practice in the state of Louisiana
- Have a proven record of administrative and academic leadership abilities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to education and mentoring
- Be eligible for faculty appointment at LSUHSC-Shreveport as an Associate Professor or above, per SOM standards.
- A strong record of scholarly achievement and extramural funding
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, administrators, community organizations and donors
- We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community and will work toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Program building
- Career development
- Financial management
- Accomplishment in basic, clinical, health services, translational or educational research
- Building relationships with donors and community leaders
- Development of performance metrics for faculty
- A demonstrated commitment to education and mentorship of medical and graduate students, residents and fellows
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience great compensation opportunity and negotiable. LSUHSC-Shreveport offers a full benefits package.
Interested physicians: please send your CV or any inquiries to Mark Morrison, Director of Physician Recruitment Professional Staff Services email@example.com
Ochsner Health is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.