Ochsner Health and the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute are actively recruiting BC/BE NEUROLOGISTS, FELLOWSHIP TRAINED IN EPILEPSY to join our growing Comprehensive Epilepsy Program. Epilepsy surgery experience is preferred and leadership opportunities exist.
This is a great opportunity to practice neurology in a collegial and patient-focused environment. Academic appointments are available at our affiliated institutions, including Tulane, LSU, and the University of Queensland. Both newly trained and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
About Ochsner Neurology
The Department of Neurology has a complement of over 60 Neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS, headache, cognitive disorders, sleep, traumatic brain injury and sports neurology.
The Department of Neurology is a member of the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute, ranked as one of the top 50 Neuroscience Centers by U.S. News and World Report 10 years in a row. The Ochsner Neuroscience Institute has the only comprehensive stroke center and one of the largest comprehensive spine centers in the region. We have the largest Neuro-ICU consisting of 40 beds, epilepsy center of excellence with EMU monitoring unit and one of the busiest movement disorder programs in the region.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across two specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 32,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner s Epilepsy Program
- One of only 3 facilities in Louisiana accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center the highest possible designation by the NAEC
- The only comprehensive adult and pediatric epilepsy monitoring unit in Louisiana that is accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).
- The only hospital system in the region to use Visualase - MRI-Guided Laser Ablation Technology for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery. This is one of the industry s newest surgical treatment options for epilepsy.
- Our board certified epileptologists are actively engaged in research and present their work at national and international scientific meetings.
- S. News & World Report2021-2022 ranks Ochsner #31 in the nation for neurology and neurosurgery. Ochsner Medical Center is the #1 hospital in Louisiana, and the only hospital in the state ranked for neurology care.
- Ochsner Neurosciences is recognized by Healthgrades Neurosciences Excellence Award (TM) nine years in a row (2012-2020) and named among the top 5% in the nation for Neurosciences for eight years in a row (2013-2020).
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Sorry, no J-1 opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.