We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
DEPARTMENT OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
Supported by the system s aggressive growth plan, Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge and the Ophthalmology Department is seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible OPHTHALMOLOGIST to join its expanding practice.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
Clinic-based position located in Baton Rouge with rotation to area clinics
- Experience in general ophthalmology and anterior segment desired but not required
- Corneal/Refractive surgery interest is welcome
- Glaucoma fellowship training or medical retina training preferred
- Shared call rotation
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
ABOUT OCHSNER HEALTH SYSTEM - BATON ROUGE
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Livingston and Tangipahoa Parishes including Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 200 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana s largest non-profit healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Hospital across two specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
CALLING BATON ROUGE HOME
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS RECEIVED BY OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER BATON ROUGE
Becker s Hospital Review
- Only Louisiana hospital ranked in Becker s Hospital Review 100 Great Community Hospitals (2016)
Care Chex, a division of COMPARION
- Ranks in the top 10% of hospitals in the nation for medical excellence in 7 clinical categories including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, Cardiac Care, Gastrointestinal Care, Neurological Care, Heart Attack Treatment, and Stroke Care. (2017)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (2017)
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award (2016)
- Earned an A grade in patient safety (2017, 2016)
Truven Health Analytics
- One of only 10 hospitals in the United States to receive the Truven Health Analytics Everest Award, an honor awarded to hospitals that have achieved both the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over five years. (2017)
- Only hospital in Louisiana named in the Top 100 Hospitals (2017, 2016)
- Only hospital in Louisiana to be named to the "50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals" (2016)
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today HERE