Carle Health s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a Program Director to lead our established Family Medicine Residency program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Illinois.
Opportunity details include:
- Join an established, newly ACGME accredited program with a history of AOA accreditation.
- 2 residents per class year with 100% board passage rate over the last 5 years.
- This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO). Key collaborators include Carle BroMenn Medical Center administrative leadership as well as the Carle West Physician Group.
- Residency Leadership team includes a full-time Program Coordinator and an experienced Associate Program Director.
- The Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, research initiatives and provide oversight of the Family Medicine Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to lead the residency program; approximately 80% administrative and 20% clinical.
- The Program Director will continue to recruit and develop faculty with the goal of program expansion.
- Carle BroMenn Medical Center serves as the primary site for the majority of residents clinical training.
- With over 80 years of GME experience, Carle Health sponsors ten high-quality, accredited residency training programs and one fellowship training program.
- Medical Student teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
- Candidate must be board certified in Family Medicine.
- Administrative Leadership experience and a minimum of 5 years faculty teaching experience required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
Based in Urbana, IL, The Carle Foundation is a vertically integrated system with more than 9,500 employees in its five hospitals, multi-specialty physician groups, health plan and associated healthcare businesses including the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world s first engineering-based medical school. Carle is proud to be named a Great Place to Work . Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle BroMenn Medical Center hold Magnet designation, the nation s highest honor for nursing care and Carle Foundation Hospital (CFH) ranks as one of America s 50 Best HospitalsTM by Healthgrades .