Southeast Health, a 420 bed regional referral and Level II trauma center in Dothan, Alabama, is seeking a BC/BE general neurologist to join our staff as a hospital employed physician. Physician will treat outpatients in a hospital based, NeuroSciences outpatient clinic that is conveniently located on the hospital campus. Neurotesting is available in the neurotesting department in the hospital. Ideal candidate will possess subcertification in EMG/NCV or completion of neurology residency with 6 months dedicated to training in EMG/NCV.
- Competitive annual salary above MGMA guidelines-DOE
- Health, dental, disability & life insurance
- Retirement plan
- $2,500 CME allowance
- Malpractice coverage
- CME/Dues allowance
- Paid time off and extended illness benefit
- Commencement and relocation payment
- Educational loan repayment options
- Outpatient only - no call required
- We offer interventional neuroradiology to treat a variety of neurological conditions
- Our neurologists work collaboratively with SAMC neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists, radiation oncologists, and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists to provide a multidisciplinary and coordinated approach to comprehensive patient care.
- Neurointerventionalist and neurohospitalist practice with neurosciences team
- Stroke teleneurology is provided
- Neuromuscular Rehab & Balance Center available
About Southeast Health:
- One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 2,700+ dedicated employees
- 350 active Medical Staff
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 3 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit for acute stroke/neuroendovascular care
- 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Interviews are now underway for the next class.
About Dothan, Alabama:
- Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- Recognized as a Playful City with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards