Ochsner Health is seeking a Full Time BC/BE Vascular Surgeon to join its multispecialty expanding group practice based primarily in the Northshore region. This opportunity provides a clinically busy practice encompassing the breath of vascular disease offering a range of open and endovascular procedures including aorta/femoral/popliteal bypasses, carotid endarterectomy, amputations, wound exploration/debridement, and venous procedures. Ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative work environment in a community practice setting. We invite highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence in patient care and are eager to build upon a growing Cardiovascular program within the Northshore region.
Ochsner s vascular surgery program has a rich tradition of clinical innovation, research, and excellence in patient care. For the past 4 years, we received the Healthgrades award as a top 50 vascular program nationwide, and in 2021 received the AAA high performing designation from US New and World Report.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinic-based position with dedicated OR time
- Coverage for 3 Community hospitals
- Collaborative team of Radiologists, Pathologists, Pulmonologists, Surgeons, Medical and Radiation Oncologists and nurse navigators to assist with the customized plan of care for each patient
- Multidisciplinary clinics across Ochsner Health System
- APP support
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult)
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Louisiana is a tort-reform state
Call the Northshore Home
The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. Just 30 miles from New Orleans the Northshore region offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system.
Why choose Ochsner Health
At Ochsner, innovation is at the core of everything we do. We are a pioneer in telemedicine and population health, including innovative chronic disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes. Our team-based practices are designed to provide you with the support you need to best serve your patients, while also offering excellent work-life balance. Ochsner s commitment to coordination of care will allow you to seamlessly refer patients to a trusted specialist. Our strong commitment to academic medicine offers you participation in clinical teaching with options for academic teaching, research and academic titles.
Awards, Accomplishments and Accolades
Ochsner Health is consistently recognized for excellence:
- New England Journal of Medicine published Covid-19 research (Hospitalization and Mortality among Black Patients and White Patients with Covid-19, NEJM May 27,2020)
- National Institute of Health (NIH) grant for our work on Opioid Stewardship ($1.6 million)
- Recognized by Indeed as a Top-Rated Workplace for Work-Life Balance in 2019
- Named as a 2019 Top Workplace by Times-Picayune
Join our team and help make a difference! Apply Today or contact Barbara Brown at Barbara.email@example.com:
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sorry, no J1 Visa Candidates Accepted for this position