Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism | City of Hope National Medical Center
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks an Endocrinologist to Join our Clinical Research Team
The Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism (DEM) is accepting applications from qualified physician scientists for faculty positions as Associate/Full Professor. We are seeking candidates with strong background of basic, translational, or clinical research in diabetes or metabolism. Priority will be given to those candidates with a track record of extramural funding.
The successful candidate will also become a member of the Diabetes and Metabolism Research Institute (DMRI). DMRI is a comprehensive diabetes research center that housed more than 35 independent investigators. City of Hope has a long and impressive history of groundbreaking discoveries in the field of diabetes. This faculty member will be given protective time for independent research and compete for extramural funding.
The selected faculty will be offered highly competitive start-up resources, laboratory space, and benefits. The research space will be located in the DMRI, and will have access to the shared facilities and cores at the medical center, DMRI and Beckman Research Institute. Interested candidates should apply to: Ping H. Wang, MD, Search Committee Chair. City of Hope, located in Los Angeles County, promotes scientific and clinical excellence through the creation, application and dissemination of new knowledge in diabetes and cancers.
- Effort allocation: 20-40% clinical / 60-80% academic
- Cover only one location on the Duarte main campus
- Generous research startup funding
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary, potential for incentive compensation, and benefits including a generous retirement package
- Experience as physician scientist with good research training background and excellent clinical skills
- Experience working in an academic medical center that delivers both clinical and translational research to patients diagnosed with endocrine conditions
- The ideal candidate must participate in clinical or basic research relevant to Diabetes, Endocrinology and/or Metabolism and demonstrate a commitment to research as shown by submission of publications and presentations on national stages
- Academic record consistent with appointment as Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
- Applicants must have an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree, fellowship trained, and Board certified/eligible
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer and diabetes research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 30 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, diabetes discoveries, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County market. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Long Beach, Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.