Rush Hospital in Meridian, MS is seeking a future Orthopaedic Surgeon to join our highly qualified team of 4 surgeons in our Orthopaedic Surgery Program at Rush Foundation Hospital. We have a strong, established sports medicine program as well as a new Spine Center, staffed with an orthopaedic Surgeon, spine fellowship trained.
Rush Hospital is part of Rush Health Systems, an integrated health system incorporating our main hospital and a 49 bed LTAC hospital in Meridian as well as 5 critical access hospitals and over 30 clinics located throughout East Central MS and West AL. Our Orthopaedic group is one of the strongest departments we have at Rush. We have had a lot of exciting things going on with our health system including the recent implementation of EPIC systemwide. We've added a lot of new young physicians and have expanded our service offerings, including telemedicine and telestroke. A New physician would join an existing team of 4 Orthopaedic Surgeons. One of our senior surgeons is planning to retire soon so this is a great opportunity for a new physician to take over his very busy practice. Fellowship training is not required.
Rush will merge forces with Ochsner Health this summer 2022.
- Distinguished Orthopaedic Surgery Program and Join Replacement Center
- Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Services use highly-advanced robotics equipment
- Comprehensive Sports Medicine Program with 14 trainers covering and assisting 40 area schools throughout the entire school year with a variety of sports (provides athletic physicals, outpatient rehab services and Saturday morning clinics) all trainers paid fully by the foundation
- Ambulatory Surgery Center, Advanced imaging and Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Emergency Care 24/7 with a 215-bed hospital
- Adult Hospitalist program that has been here for 20 years
- Patient service area of over 350,000 in East Central MS and West Central AL.
- Large 8 county referral base already established with Rush Health Systems.
- Ability to step into an already existing high volume practice.
- Top Executive and Administrative Support.
- Current Call schedule 1:4 weekday coverage: 1:6 city wide call on weekends.
- Full medical malpractice insurance, plus reporting endorsement (tail coverage).
Employee benefits provided by Rush, including:
- Health and Dental insurance (Employer/Employee Contribution).
- Disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) & Association dues reimbursement of up to $3,750 per year.
- Paid time off (PTO) of 160 hours per calendar year to be used for vacation, sick time & CME.
- Reimbursement for relevant medical licensures.
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000.
Meridian, MS: A mid-sized town with a population of 45 to 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The Meridian Museum of Art, Meridian Little Theatre, the Meridian Symphony Orchestra, and most recently a new Children s Museum. Apply Here