Pulmonary/Critical Care physician needed at Rush Health Systems to help build State of the Art Pulmonary Lab
Rush Hospital, based in Meridian, MS, is looking for a Pulmonologist/Critical Care physician to help us grow our program. We have an extensive network of 30 primary care clinics and 5 critical access hospitals throughout East Central Mississippi and West Alabama that serve as a large referral base. We currently have two pulmonologists on our team (4 pulmonologists in town) with a third intensivist to help with the ICU coverage. We've had amazing results in getting a chronic vent unit started in two of our Critical Access Hospitals.
Rush will join forces with Ochsner Health this summer 2022.
- 23 bed closed ICU; with 11 ICU beds in the Long-term Acute-Care Hospital
- Alternate coverage week to week between Pulmonology outpatient clinic and ICU.
- Telemedicine available as well as EBUS.
- Very large 8 county referral area with a 350,000 patient base.
- Adult Hospitalist Program that has been here for over 20 years
- Best in class EHR system- EPIC systemwide.
- New young administration that directly supports our physicians.
- Rapidly growing system with the addition of over 30 new physicians in the last two years.
- Competitive Compensation including 2 year base guarantee plus wRVU.
- Enticing Recruitment package consisting of stipend, loan repayment and/or stipend.
- Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
- Hospital Employed setting
- Health insurance for doctor & family
- Long term and short term disability
- Malpractice with tail
- 160 hours of PTO includes vacation, sick and CME
- Up to $10,000 for relocation
- Hospital will pay dues, license and membership costs
Meridian, MS: A mid-sized town with a population of 45 to 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The Meridian Museum of Art, Meridian Little Theatre and the Meridian Symphony Orchestra.
For more information please contact: Nicola Fruge
Rush Health Systems
1314 19th Avenue
Meridian, MS 39301