We re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Partnering with the LSU School of Medicine, our goal is to provide high-quality patient care within a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of leaders in healthcare. We are committed to providing opportunities for our staff that develop and grow careers in a compassionate team-oriented environment focused on patients first.
At Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana and discover your future today!
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport & LSU Health Sciences Center-Shreveport seek a robust Chairperson for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), a department comprised of 21 physician faculty and 25 residents. The Women s & Children s Center has approximately 35,000 outpatient visits, 2,700 deliveries, and annually, more than 1,000 major surgeries. The Chair, an innovative and dynamic member of the LSU Health Shreveport leadership team, reports directly to the Dean of the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, David F. Lewis, MD, MBA. The successful candidate will practice at a free-standing women s and children s hospital.
Consideration will be extended to all candidates who meet the required qualifications. Special interest will be directed to candidates who meet or exceed the needs of the department. Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) Specialists and Gynecologic Oncologists are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent(s) exemplifies incomparable leadership, continues the pursuit of clinical and academic excellence, and fosters interdisciplinary management of the department s four clinical divisions: Gynecology and Urogynecology, High-Risk Maternal-Fetal Medicine, and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility.
Responsibilities for the selected candidate include:
- working with our patient s primary care providers to diagnose and treat obstetrical/gynecological complications with the most advanced and state of the art care available, including Da Vinci surgical systems
- serving as chief administrative officer of the department, implementing and/or overseeing programs of excellence in teaching, research, and service
- directing all aspects of recruitment and professional development for department faculty and staff
- administering all fiscal matters for the department, ensuring all allocated funds and resources are utilized to the best interest of the Medical School
The successful candidate will have proven experience as a leader to inspire and mentor faculty and staff to work together to develop future leaders in the specialty. The ideal candidate would possess strong management skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituents, both internally and externally. The incumbent will oversee, coordinate, and advance research within the department.
- Candidates must have an MD and/or DO
- Be board certified in Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Louisiana
- A distinguished record in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health
- Outstanding surgical skills and commensurate clinical activities
- Candidates must have a firm commitment to the education of residents and medical students
LSUHSC Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LSUHSC-S has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, and in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in medical education.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today HERE