Ochsner Health has committed $100 million to improve health outcomes in Louisiana by 2030.
For more information about this initiative, follow this link:
We re seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Pediatric Endocrinologist to join the growing Department of Pediatrics at Ochsner Health in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This position will be part of the comprehensive pediatric multi-specialty center at Ochsner Health Center Covington. Call will be shared with no in-house overnight hospital coverage during the week. Consults on the weekend. The opportunity is available to rotate weekly or monthly at the main campus and share in case conferences.
One of the largest non-university-based physician training centers in the United States, Ochsner maintains a combined pediatric residency program with Tulane University Medical School. Medical students from Tulane and the University of Queensland/Ochsner Clinical School rotate through the division. The successful candidate will be eligible for an academic appointment commensurate with experience. The position offers a competitive compensation package, including signing bonus and relocation.
WHY CHOOSE OCHSNER HEALTH:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership, and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
At Ochsner, innovation is at the core of everything we do. We are a pioneer in telemedicine and population health, including innovative chronic disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes. Our team-based practices are designed to provide you with the support you need to best serve your patients, while also offering excellent work-life balance. Ochsner s commitment to coordination of care will allow you to seamlessly refer patients to a trusted specialist. Our strong commitment to academic medicine offers you participation in clinical teaching with options for academic teaching, research, and academic titles.
Call the Northshore Home
- The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA, located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. The Northshore Region, located in St Tammany Parish, just 30 miles from New Orleans, offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award- winning public school system.
Awards, Accomplishments and Accolades
Ochsner Health is consistently recognized for excellence:
- New England Journal of Medicine published Covid-19 research (Hospitalization and Mortality among Black Patients and White Patients with Covid-19, NEJM May 27,2020)
- National Institute of Health (NIH) grant for our work on Opioid Stewardship ($1.6 million)
- Recognized by Indeed as a Top-Rated Workplace for Work-Life Balance in 2019
- Named as a 2019 Top Workplace by Times-Picayune
Join our team and help make a difference!
Interested Physicians apply HERE
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No J1 Visa Candidates Accepted