Under the direction of the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), the Associate Chief Medical Information Officer serves in a strategic leadership role. The ACMIO will collaborate with senior leadership including the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) along with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead clinical transformation across our healthcare enterprise through digital care delivery. Focus will be on value creation for care delivery from current and new digital health technologies, including adoption of our evolving Enterprise Electronic Medical Record system (Epic); clinical analytics; population health and patient facing clinical informatics.
This position will also include clinical responsibilities within our Radiology Department. Ochsner Health s Department of Radiology offers a full spectrum of radiological services provided by nationally recognized subspecialized radiologists. We offer a full array of diagnostic and treatment procedures using some of the most advanced technology available. We are also one of the leading radiologic academic centers in the Gulf South, with high clinical volumes across all sub-specialties
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of ACMIO Role
- Strategic and operational leadership for the implementation and adoption of our electronic medical healthcare system.
- Develop, sustain, and lead a strong governance model for health information technology and data governance, data use & reporting, and clinical information technology decisions.
- Lead efforts for the use of clinical data to proactively monitor, revise, and develop best practice guidelines to improve patient outcomes
- Assist CMIO in serving as advisor to the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Information Officer for the advancement of digital care delivery.
- Promote the standardization of clinical processes and interoperability; adoption of effective solutions; advance innovative patient care and population health initiatives; increase patient engagement via portal and mobile health along with clinical adoption/integration of these patient-facing technologies
- Identify and pursue the use/advancement of digital care technologies in ways that add value to our organization, while raising awareness and interest among both clinicians and IT professionals - in this burgeoning field
- Communicate changes and trends in clinical digital care technology and translate the value to our care delivery audiences.
- Lead efforts for EMR ease of use practices
- Implementation of our Enterprise Electronic Medical Records system to defined partners.
- Development of effective governance to lead digital care delivery including data governance, population health, empanelment along with data use and reporting
- Provide usable data to clinicians to support their needs to improve health for individuals and populations across Ochsner Health System.
- Partner with Chief Medical Officer and Chief Information Officer to develop strategic initiatives supporting clinical and business objectives.
- Assist and partner with the Chief Medical Information Officers to operationalize the strategic digital care delivery initiatives.
- Increase capability for quality and public health reporting, and drive improvement in system-wide quality scores.
Required Education and Experience:
- Proven track record as a clinical leader in advancement and delivery of digital care including the use, development, implementation, and support of an industry standard electronic heath record system.
- 3 years experience with increasing responsibility supporting digital care delivery as noted above.
- Certification from Epic as physician builder.
- Licensed Practicing Provider MD/DO.
- Credentialed and willing to maintain clinical practice.
- Board certification in clinical informatics or ACGME accredited Clinical Informatics Fellowship program
- Board Certification in Radiology
- Experience using and supporting Epic s Electronic Medical Record System
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.