Ochsner Health is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonary & Critical Care Physician to join its practice in Slidell, Louisiana
Ochsner Health has committed $100 million to improve health outcomes in Louisiana by 2030.
For more information about this initiative, follow this link:
Details of the Position:
- Ochsner Medical Center Northshore currently employs four full-time Board-Certified Pulmonologists.
- Team of providers include 3 APPs who provide coverage to outpatient clinics for follow-up appointments and patient overflow.
- Ochsner Medical Center Northshore and Slidell Memorial Hospital are in a joint partnership allowing for two independent organizations to collaborate and offer better, more cost-effective healthcare for the region.
- Slidell Memorial Hospital has 28 ICU beds and Ochsner Medical Center Northshore has 16 ICU beds.
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group.
- Robust pulmonary disease office practice and associated procedures, with wide referral base both local and regional to manage a comprehensive range of chronic pulmonary conditions.
- Practice is complemented by a 4-bed Sleep Lab and Pulmonary Rehab department.
- Growing diagnostic programs such as EBUS, Pulmonary Hypertension and Spirometry Testing in primary care clinics.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Why choose the Northshore Region
The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA, is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. The Northshore Region, in St Tammany Parish, just 30 miles from New Orleans, offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system.
Why choose Ochsner Health
At Ochsner, innovation is at the core of everything we do. We are a pioneer in telemedicine and population health, including innovative chronic disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes. Our team-based practices are designed to provide you with the support you need to best serve your patients, while also offering excellent work-life balance. Ochsner s commitment to coordination of care will allow you to seamlessly refer patients to a trusted specialist. Our strong commitment to academic medicine offers you participation in clinical teaching with options for academic teaching, research and academic titles.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 19,000 employees and over 1,200 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Join our team and help make a difference! Apply HERE
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.