Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes- Physician is seeking a Pediatric Endocrinologist.
Join our Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes! The Department of Pediatrics is a dynamic and stimulating place to work. Our Children s Hospital has just been significantly enlarged.
The Division has steadily grown over the past 5 years, and growth is expected to continue as we promote excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Who Are We?
- A growing Division, currently with 7 physicians (5 full time)
- 1 CRNP (currently recruiting for a second CRNP)
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, 4 full time diabetes nurse educators, 2 endocrine nurses, 2 dietitians, and 1 social worker
- Infusion Center in the Children s Hospital for endocrine stimulation testing
- New outpatient clinic facility
What We Are Seeking?
- Board-certified (or Board eligible) Pediatric Endocrinologist
- D., D.O., or non-US equivalent
- Licensed to practice in the State of Pennsylvania (or willing to acquire license)
- Clinical research interest is supported but not required
What are the Responsibilities?
- Seeing patients in the outpatient endocrine and diabetes clinics
- Providing inpatient consult services 8-10 weeks per year
- Educating of trainees and students
- Sharing call with the other physicians, supported by a robust triage system
What Are We Offering?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- Participation in a highly respected and effective Junior Faculty Development Program (JFDP)
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
- Potential to develop subspecialty clinics in your area of interest
- Proximity to all of the cultural and historical sites of the northeastern US as well as to numerous outdoor venues for hiking, skiing, biking and kayaking
- Opportunity to live in the sweetest place on earth with great public schools, safe neighborhoods and short commutes to work - perfect for families with children
Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, PA.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, PA.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, PA.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.