- Location: Lynchburg, VA
- Our Anesthesiologists have great relationships with our Surgeons. Our Surgeons appreciate their skill set and expertise, which creates an excellent work environment and a truly team-based approach.
- % of supervision/direction of CRNAs: 3:1 medical direction. Good mix of care team model and performing your own cases.
- Case mix at two hospitals (Expected to provide some coverage at both facilities, hospitals are 4 miles apart):
- Virginia Baptist: General, plastics, urology, GYN, peds dental, mostly bread and butter cases, plus heavy OB coverage. 2700 deliveries performed by group last year.
- Lynchburg General: No OB, but will do general, cardiac, thoracic, neuro, cath lab, ortho, and trauma.
- OB is done by shifts - 10-hour day shift and then a night shift that is 14 hours. We have 2 physicians that cover every night of the week. Therefore, no inhouse OB night shifts, but we have a backup call system with rare callback that is taken from home 7 nights a week.
- Roughly, 7-9 calls a month with only 2 calls a month being on site. Remaining would be as a backup role that can be taken from home.
Physician Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on regular hours plus overtime hours worked; the range is $450,000 - $500,000.
- $30,000 in upfront bonuses
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME allowance
- 9 weeks vacation
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Malpractice coverage
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in an anesthesia specialty from an AMA approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
- Strong regional anesthesia and OB anesthesia skills required
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
Lifestyle and Community:
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.