DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
Ochsner Health Baton Rouge is seeking a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible UROLOGIST to join its expanding group practice. Ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative work environment in a community hospital practice setting. Highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence in patient care and eager to build upon a growing program are encouraged to apply.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRACTICE:
- Practice - Integrated practice model with a built-in referral network offering a broad range of general to complex cases involving benign and malignant conditions of the male and female urinary systems, including the kidney, bladder, prostate, and testicles.
- Group of providers Includes a team of Urologists and Advanced Practice Providers who support both inpatient and clinic services.
- Clinic Services Offered at sites located throughout the Baton Rouge region, from the multi-specialty clinic situated in the heart of the medical district to practices in the surrounding suburban communities.
- Inpatient Services - Offered at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed hospital with 24/7 reliable hospitalist coverage.
- Surgical Services - Surgeries are performed at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge and Ochsner Medical Complex - The Grove Surgery Center. Da Vinci robot and mobile lithotripsy available at both locations. Surgical services currently include general, colorectal, breast, plastic and reconstructive, gynecology, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, urology, vascular and orthopedics.
- Non-Surgical Services - Full range of non-surgical teams available, including GI, pathology, medical oncology, radiation oncology and nurse navigators.
- Call Rotation - Shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult).
- Support Available from specialists and subspecialists practicing throughout Ochsner Health network.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Louisiana is a tort-reform state
WHY CHOOSE OCHSNER HEALTH:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network, and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership, and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
ABOUT OCHSNER HEALTH BATON ROUGE:
Ochsner Health Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health, a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog.
CALLING BATON ROUGE HOME:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.