The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care is comprised of 13 full-time faculty members with specialty with board certification in Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine and 16 Pulmonary-Critical Care and Critical Care fellows. Because of its wide range of subspecialty interests, the division is able to offer a complete spectrum of care for patients with pulmonary, sleep, and critical illnesses. Our physicians treat patients with pulmonary disorders, offer a full array of bronchoscopy services (including interventional), specialty testing in our state-of-the-art pulmonary function laboratory, and sleep studies. The SUNY Upstate Pulmonary Critical Care Division is the prime destination for consultation, management, and long-term follow-up for acute and chronic illness for the Central New York Region.
The Finger Lakes region is known as an outdoor lover’s paradise. Home to several expansive state parks, the area boasts excellent hiking trails and waterfalls. What is more, the region’s 11 glacial lakes offer opportunities for boating, fishing and water sports. Syracuse is located 4 hours of driving from New-York City and Montreal and 5 hour from Boston. The cost of living and housing is affordable and the traffic modest. It is the place to form or raise happy families.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor include (but are not limited to):
- Direct patient care in the ICU
- Pulmonary consultation service
- Outpatient clinics
- Attendance to Pulmonary Critical Care Fellows' conferences
- Supervision and teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong clinical and teaching ability
- MD or foreign equivalent
- NYS license
- Certification or eligibility in Pulmonary Critical Care
- Certification in Sleep and Interventional Pulmonary encouraged, but not required
- 3 openings.
- Employer will assist with relocation costs.