// About the Position:
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Recruiting for a Psychiatrist who will work with either 1. Adult patient population 2. Adult & Child/Adolescent patient population or 3. Child/Adolescent patient population.
- Multiple vacancies exist and may be filled from this announcement at any of the locations listed. Applications will be reviewed and referred to the selecting officials until each position is filled.
- This is a Direct Hire solicitation.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.Responsibilities
- ***ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- ***ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and medication management.
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation, evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based on the child and adolescent?s diagnosis, personal and family history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
- ***SUPERVISORY POSITION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Supervisory positions will serve as an expert in the field of Psychiatry.
- Supervisory positions will participate in quality assurance, and quality improvement studies, utilization review, risk management, and peer review activities.
- Supervisory positions will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, prepare schedules for completion of work, develop performance standards, and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Promotion PotentialQualificationsConditions of Employment
Basic Requirement for Physician (Psychiatry):Degree:
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).Graduate Training:
Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.Licensure:
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.Experience Required:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 5 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Psychiatry. This required Psychiatry experience/training includes skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of extremely difficult and responsible dealings with inpatient service, partial hospitalization service, intensive outpatient services, routine outpatient services, consultation liaison services and must be well-versed to transition to any area as required