- SSM Health Dean Medical Group is searching for a talented and experienced Oncology physician leader to join our organization as Oncology Clinical Program Medical Director. This role is 50% administrative and 50% clinical, combining an impactful and highly visible leadership function with a condensed clinical practice schedule. With oversight responsibility for the Wisconsin region, you will play a key leadership role in redesign and realization of system initiatives. Medical Directors partner with their Administrator to monitor, manage, and improve the delivery of primary care services.
- Oncology Clinical Program Leader
- 50% Administrative, 50% Clinical
- Lucrative Sign On Bonus
- Based in Madison, WI. Might require one day a week clinic at a regional site.
- Experienced physician leader
- Familiarity with Epic EMR
- MD or DO
- Active Unrestricted WI Medical License (or ability to obtain one)
- BC in oncology and hematology
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing oncology care physician
- 2+ years of experience as a physician leader
- Active Unrestricted DEA
- Collaborating with oncology physician and administrative leaders in other ministries in Wisconsin as well as other states to develop regional and system oncology strategy, develop oncology specific KPIs as well as oncology performance dashboard
- Leading the 'Beacon Oncology group' of physicians, pharmacists and nurses. Providing content expertise for implementation of new oncolytic therapy protocols, periodic revision of old protocols, implementation of steps for standardization of care delivery, implementation of pharmaco-economic interventions to enhance value based are delivery in the field of medical oncology.
- Implementation of oncology care pathways and leveraging care pathways for standardization of care as well as value-based care.
- Leading oncology clinical research group, providing strategic direction, collaborating with other research physicians and staff in Wisconsin as well as SSM system oncology clinical program.
- Content expertise for implementation and ongoing validation of CancerLinQ.
- Collaborating with Commission (COC) in Cancer Director as well as cancer liaison physician to ensure initial COC certification as well as maintenance of certification
- Leading other quality initiatives such as quality oncology practice initiative (QOPI) certification
- Leading patient related outcome initiatives such as SMM-Wellbe or epic-esym as applicable in the future
- Providing leadership for the medical oncology subgroup of the system oncology clinical program. Collaborating closely with system VP, Oncology to define goals and strategy for the system oncology program.
Comprehensive benefit package exclusively designed for physician leaders
including annual CME dollars, guaranteed administrative stipend, immediate vacation/CME time allotments, 401K multi-funded account, and salary continuation are just a few of our generous offerings. For more information contact:
Jody Chellevold, Physician and Executive Recruiter at SSM Health
Phone 608.636.4203. firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional physician opportunities, please visit: https://www.joinssmhealth.com
Physician - State of Work Location