Physician - AU Healthcare and Education Clinic
Auburn University policy may require that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day of work. An individual is fully vaccinated two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
Provides medical services for the State Wellness Center in Montgomery, AL and Auburn University Healthcare and Education Clinic at Boykin Community Center in Auburn, AL.
- Provides full scope of primary care services which fall under field of training including
- but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care, and
- health maintenance.
- Works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team including pharmacists,
- nurse practitioners, and nursing staff.
- Maintains collaborative practice agreements with authorized mid-level providers such as nurse practitioners, pharmacists, etc.
- Provides supervision for clinical services as needed
- Evaluates health history and performs physical examinations.
- Serves as lab director for on-site CLIA labs.
- Diagnoses and directs counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with Alabama statute and professional practice
- Orders referrals for patients requiring services not offered at AU operated clinics
- Reviews incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) and follows up in a timely manner.
- Participates in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical and
- operational meetings as requested.
- Drafts and updates clinical protocols and principles of practice as needed.
Medical degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
Family or Internal medicine
Years of Experience
Area of Experience
experience in primary care practice in a clinic setting
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of applicable laws, policies, procedures, and evidence based on practical knowledge in a primary care environment.
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Current Alabama State Medical License,
- Current D.E.A. Certification, in good standing
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Family or Internal Medicine. If Board Eligible
at the time of hire, must be Board Certified within 3 years of hire date.
- Eligible for credentialing into payer network, insurability (malpractice),
- Eligible to enter into collaborative practice agreements with the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) training.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
To apply: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/26226