Vice Chair of Operations, Department of Dermatology
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is seeking a Board-Certified Dermatologist for the role of Vice Chair of Operations within the Department, at the Associate Professor or Professor academic rank. The Vice Chair of Operations is responsible for managing Faculty scheduling, clinic operations, clinical efficiency, budgeting, change management as well as continual improvement in clinical projects.
The Vice Chair will work with Physician and Administrative leaders to improve capabilities and capacity and is expected to regularly report to the Department Chair on key metrics, which indicate growth and quality in access, patient satisfaction, and financial success.
This position will work with other Department Vice Chairs and Chiefs to improve operations in all areas of the department, including the residency program, research, and specialty clinics. The ideal candidate will have some experience with budget preparation, a keen interest in operational improvement, experience managing people, and a growth mindset. Other characteristics include trust, integrity, strong work ethic, ability to collaborate, positive attitude, and leading by example
This opportunity provides:
• Competitive salary and CME funding
• Excellent benefits package, including $20k relocation bonus
• Academic Appointment at The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
• Collegial team of providers who practice in a high-quality general dermatology and consultative dermatology environment
• All Faculty have academic and research interests and teaching responsibilities
• Specialty care clinical interests are a plus
• An academic environment with excellent basic science, engineering, business school partnership
• Exceptional clinical and administrative support, allowing you to make the most of your clinical time
• Quintessential New England living - Four beautiful seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
• Congestion-free commuting
• Wonderful setting for community and family life
• Vibrant collegiate environment with associated sporting events and cultural amenities
• Active arts, theater, and culinary scene
To learn more, please visit: www.dhproviders.org
Candidates should address their cover letters to: M. Shane Chapman, MD, MBA, Chair, Department of Dermatology / Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Cover letters/CVs can be sent to: Carrie Moore, MBA, CPRP, Provider Recruiter, Department of Dermatology / Carrie.E.Moore@hitchcock.org
DHMC is the state's only academic medical center, and the only Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center in New Hampshire. The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART), based in Lebanon and Manchester, provides ground and air medical transportation to communities throughout northern New England. DHMC was named in 2021 as the #1 hospital in New Hampshire by U.S. News & World Report, and recognized for high performance in nine clinical specialties, procedures, and conditions.
• Board Certified Dermatology Residency trained
• Must obtain or maintain a NH Medical License
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.