Hip, Historic . . . Almost Heaven
In partnership with West Virginia University (WVU) - Charleston Division and Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC), we are seeking a full-time pediatric nephrologist to work in the beautiful and historic Charleston, West Virginia area, serving children throughout the state. CAMC is the largest hospital in southern West Virginia and serves a large area of the state and region. WVU - Charleston Division is one of the oldest regional campuses in the country and we support a large number of medical students for their clinical training.
* Ability to provide a full range of nephrology care for pediatric patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings, including the management of acute and chronic kidney disease and renal replacement therapy
* Protected time for teaching and program development
* Free-standing children's hospital with state-of-the-art technology, pediatric-focused ancillary services and dedicated resources to support the nephrology program
* Health, Life, Liability and Long-Term Disability Insurance plus Pension Plan
* Competitive Base Compensation
* Signing bonus and relocation expenses
* Fellowship stipend available
* Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics with a Subspecialty Certificate in Pediatric Nephrology
* Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
* Passion for providing outstanding clinical care to a diverse population and strong interest in teaching
CAMC is 958-bed academic medical center and is one of the state´s top health care providers, with four hospitals and over 700 physicians on staff as well as a workforce of over 8,000 employees. We serve a primary and secondary service area of 12 counties with a population of over 560,000 (approximately 30% of the total population of the state).
At CAMC Women and Children's Hospital, we are committed to providing life-changing and life-saving care to our community. Every day, we are dedicated to improving and advancing the wellbeing and health of the families we serve through quality clinical care, innovative research, and medical education. Our compassionate, expert team of physicians encompasses multiple specialties and services so that families can find top-notch care close to home. Our pediatric services include:
* 36-bed General Pediatrics/Adolescent Unit
* 26-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
* 6-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (with four additional transitional care beds)
* Pediatric Emergency Medicine Center
* Outpatient Subspecialty Clinic and General Pediatrics Practices on campus
* We are also home to the CAMC/WVU-Charleston Pediatric Residency Program with 21 residents, and we are a regional campus for WVU School of Medicine and WV School of Osteopathic Medicine.
About Charleston, West Virginia
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, DC. In addition, Charleston offers a Downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants, breweries, and distilleries. Come see what our family-oriented community can offer you in terms of quality of life!
Pinnacle Health Group
Direct / Fax: 404-591-4224
Cell / Text: 770-265-2001
MENTION CODE 210715 - PN