Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, in Boston, MA, seeks a new Chair, for the Department of Psychiatry.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
The Chair will be responsible for leading all teaching and research activities within the Department, including medical students and graduate medical educational programs. The Chair will be charged with implementing a strategic vision for the Department with a strong focus on creating complimentary services, integration and expansion. The Chair will also be leading activities related to our Behavioral Health enterprise spanning our parent system of Wellforce.
Who You Are:
- A demonstrated successful administrative leader at an academic institution as the Department Chair, Division Chief or Section Head
- A passionate mentor with a proven track record both of personal academic accomplishments and of supporting the academic accomplishments of those you have advised
- Board Certified in Psychiatry and/or added qualifications and boards in a subspecialty area
- Eligible for an academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level
- Adept at developing and leading ACGME accredited residency programs
- Knowledgeable in healthcare quality, resource management, outcomes improvement, patient safety, and positive patient experience
- Politically savvy and emotionally intelligent with the ability to interact within all tiers of system level management
- Committed to network development, growth, operational efficiency and integration
About the Department:
The Department of Psychiatry at Tufts Medical Center consists of 4 divisions which include: The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Public Sector Psychiatry, General Adult Psychiatry, and Education and Research. Currently, we have 44 faculty members and are actively growing many of these programs and are adding new faculty to cover our growing services at Tufts and within our Wellforce community partners. The department spans offsite locations to include Tewksbury State Hospital, the Solomon Carter Fuller Hospital and outpatient clinics in the community.
Tufts Medical Center is a 410 bed quaternary care hospital, the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medical Center is at the forefront of education and research, training the next generation of physicians, including 48 residency and fellowship programs to include over 450 residents and fellows. We conduct groundbreaking basic, clinical and health policy research and are in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding and conduct $50 million annually in extramurally-funded research. Our quality initiatives consistently place us in the top 15% of all hospitals in the Vizient system. Our case mix index is at the top of Boston hospitals, and we provide world class care including one of the busiest heart failure and cardiac transplant programs in the country.
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.
Interested and qualified candidates send Cover Letter and CV to:
Manager Physician Recruitment
Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization
800 Washington Street, #1013
Boston, MA 02111