Medical Director – Duke Primary Care
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, NC Area
Duke Primary Care is actively recruiting for a Practice Medical Director (PMD) to join its’ growing network. The Practice Medical Director is devoted to both leadership duties and clinical practice and will have oversight of all activities related to the delivery of medical care and clinical services in the practice, including human resource management, financial management, and clinical and operational performance improvement.
This position also coordinates provider recruitment for the practice and represents the practice to DPC administration and Duke University Health System. The PMD will work closely with Duke Primary Care Regional leadership and help create and foster a sense of accountability among the practice providers for the overall success of the practice.
The PMD will report to the Regional Medical Director and providers within the practice will report to and are accountable to the PMD. The PMD works collaboratively with the practice Health Center Administrator (HCA), Nurse Manager (NM) to achieve practice goals that are in alignment with the Duke Primary Care strategic plan, mission and values.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine with a Medical Degree or comparable degree as a Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner qualification.
- Previous medical leadership experience managing team of providers within a practice or health system.
- Actively involved in the clinical practice of medicine.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as evidence by prior committee or project work within or external to Duke Primary Care.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation; ability to resolve difficult situations constructively.
- Ability to work effectively with providers, clinical staff, and administration.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to organize and analyze information and direct the problem solving process.
- Commitment to demonstrated quality improvement and business development.