- California Correctional Healthcare Services
- Rancho Cucamonga, California
- $296,496-$311,328(Time-Limited Board Certified), $281,640-$295,740(Lifetime Board Certified)annually
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2022
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
$296,496 - $311,328 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$281,640 - $295,740 annual salary (Lifetime Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking an IM/FP physician with experience in clinical process improvement to help enhance the delivery of medical care and support the recruitment and retention of medical providers within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations’ (CDCR) correctional institutions.
Under the supervision of the Regional Deputy Medical Executive, you will:
- Orient, coach, and mentor new providers; complete or review probationary evaluations; and conduct focused professional practice evaluations
- Participate in provider meetings, onsite or virtual Care Team Huddles, and Population Management Working Sessions; present educational material and train providers on the Complete Care Model and the use of clinical decision support tools
- Provide direct patient care for vacancy relief as needed and may be included in the physician on call roster
- Review dashboards for practice and process patterns; collaborate on improvement initiatives; and facilitate Root Cause Analysis
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert with leadership and workforce development staff in support of provider recruitment efforts; deliver presentations at hospitals, schools, and residency programs; and attend recruitment events
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
In return for your efforts, we offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year)
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance for those new to state service
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ Regional Office in Rancho Cucamonga. Conveniently located near Los Angeles and Orange County, you’ll have access to world-class shopping, restaurants, professional sports, and performing arts. Additionally, the perfect climate will allow for plenty of time at beaches, parks, and other outdoor activities.
In addition to a CA licensure, you must possess an X-Waiver (or ability to attain within 14 days of hire).
Take the first step and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov. You may also contact us at (877) 793-4473 for additional information.
You may also apply online at https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5644345&user_id=
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert