Chairperson, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Metropolitan Hospital – New York, NY
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodates over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NYC Health + Hospitals Metropolitan Hospital, a university teaching hospital of New York Medical College, is currently seeking a Board-Certified full-time Chairperson of Obstetrics and Gynecology to lead the Department of OB/GYN in all gynecologic enterprises, including leading the operating room for gynecological surgery.
- Perform a full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of departmental goals and effective delivery of medical care.
- Provide direct clinical care to patients, which will include an active practice in gynecological surgery and involvement in clinical office hours.
- Actively participate in gynecological surgeries.
- Lead the operating room for gynecological surgery.
- Direct, oversee, manage, and evaluate all aspects of clinical services and medical education activities for the Department.
- Manage and mentor a multi-disciplinary clinical team including physicians, residents, midwives, and nurses.
- Enhance professional development of all attending staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge in obstetrics.
- Proven competence in CME development, case reviews, research, resident and medical student teaching.
- Develop relationships with resident training program leadership.
- Perform full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of departmental goals and effective delivery of medical care.
- Exercise responsibility for the quality and safety of Direct Patient Care Services including, but not limited to, the performance of ongoing performance improvement activities and compliance with all Performance Indicators.
- Current Board Certification in General Obstetrics and Gynecology required
- Board Certification in Minimally Invasive Surgery preferred
- Possess or be eligible for a New York Medical License
- Current experience in gynecological surgery required
- Valid DEA registration
- Status as a provider in good standing in the Medicare and Medicaid programs and with current facility’s medical staff
- Minimum 5 years of leadership and managerial experience with personnel, finance, quality and clinical resource management
- Maturity in clinical practice in area of specialty is preferred.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information or to be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to: Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org, or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V