OverviewAbout the Position:
We are currently offering a rewarding opportunity as a Medical Officer, Medical Evaluation Board Physician, Carl R. Darnell Army Medical Center (CRDAMC), Ft. Hood, TX - Working as a Civilian employed provider.
- Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families.
- Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove.
- For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers.
- The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.Who May Apply:
As a Physician for the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) outpatient clinic you will:
- Coordinate and perform fitness for duty evaluations including MEB and Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) evaluations.
- Perform comprehensive review of medical records.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, x-rays, and ancillary tests.
- Utilize sound clinical judgment to arrange for other medical specialty consultation.
- Dictate and review narrative summaries that include consultant opinions in preparation for Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) review.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Board Eligible/Board Certified
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.