Associate/Full Professor Science of Health Care Delivery
- Arizona State University
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Closing date
- Jan 27, 2022
- Other Specialty, Public Health / Preventive Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Associate/Full Professor Science of Health Care Delivery
The Arizona State University’s College of Health Solutions (CHS) Science of Health Care Delivery program is seeking a full-time, 9-month tenure-eligible faculty member at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in the area of the science of health care delivery.
The Science of Health Care Delivery (SHCD) program at ASU's College of Health Solutions is the first of its kind in the country and represents the university's deliberate investment in future health care decision-makers. The SCHD program focuses on developing a broad knowledge base for designing a better health care delivery system. As a research unit that values interdisciplinary approaches, we particularly welcome applications from candidates whose scholarship is centered in quality improvement/performance management, health services research, health policy research, health care finance, or health equity. However, applications from experts in all SHCD-related disciplines will be considered.
All College of Health Solutions faculty address one or more of our three core areas: 1) The systems of health and the health needs of populations; 2) Health and human performance of individuals across the lifespan; and 3) Precision health. Across these areas, we work to address complex and difficult health problems that require transformative collaboration, translational research, and innovation. We are particularly interested in making an impact on traditionally underserved and under-represented populations that experience significant health disparities.
CHS also has a core focus on community-engaged and translational research in keeping with ASU’s broad commitment to leveraging the university’s place. Thus, we are seeking candidates for this position with strong interest and experience in working with community partners (e.g., local health systems), and are seeking candidates who are interested in building such partnerships across Arizona and the Phoenix area.
Responsibilities for this position include developing and maintaining a successful research program, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, mentoring students and junior faculty, and providing service to the program and university as well as to the community and profession. The ideal candidate will present evidence of a successful research trajectory commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor/ Professor, including a sustained extramural funding and peer-reviewed publications, and a strong commitment to high quality teaching and mentoring.
At ASU and the College of Health Solutions, we work to maximize opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives. We value and encourage cultural and intellectual diversity, and strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all faculty, staff and students, which we believe is critical to our success as a community. All individuals who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About the College of Health Solutions
The College of Health Solutions is committed to translating scientific health research and discovery into practice to improve health outcomes through education, research, and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. Our research programs encompass basic science, discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. In all cases, our faculty use interdisciplinary approaches to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. We are highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented. Our innovative organizational structure includes translational teams that move science from labs into communities with evidence-based interventions that make a difference, as well as affinity networks where teams of people work together to improve methodologies and processes. All of our programs, in and out of the classroom, are designed with the goal of improving the health of people and communities.
Current training programs include behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, the science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at the ASU Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic’s campus in north Phoenix.
About Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. U.S. News & World Report ranks ASU #1 in the U.S. for innovation for seven years in a row. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising multiple differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves 135,000 students across all campuses and on-line as of the Fall 2021 semester. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit http://about.asu.edu/ and https://chs.asu.edu
- Applicants must have a PhD or an MD with additional research-oriented degree (MD/PhD, MD/MS, MD/MPH, etc.)
- Evidence of a successful history of obtaining extramural funding to support a research portfolio commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor or Professor proportionate with workload effort devoted to research
- Evidence of a sustained history of peer reviewed publications in high-impact journals commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Evidence of successful teaching at the university level related to the field of the science of health care delivery
- Experience in developing and maintaining community partnerships and inter-professional or team-based collaborations
- Shows commitment to our College’s Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion Council’s mission and vision.
Desired Qualifications ·Research focus in one of the following areas: quality improvement/performance management, health services research, health policy research, health care finance, or health equity
- Evidence of a successful history of obtaining extramural funding from highly-competitive sources, including R01 or similar-scale awards.
- Demonstrated experience teaching and mentoring medical and doctoral students
- Background, knowledge, and/or research in science of health care delivery topics relevant to the needs of the Arizona's diverse populations
- Evidence of impact of research
- Experience teaching online courses at the university level
- Evidence of participation in translational, trans-disciplinary, and team science initiatives relevant to CHS research domains
- Evidence of active involvement in university, community, and/or professional service commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Demonstrated success in promoting student retention and/or graduation
- Experience teaching graduate level courses and mentoring graduate students in research and publishing
Application Deadline and Procedures
Application deadline is January 21, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
To apply, click http://apply.interfolio.com/99480 to submit the following:
- A letter of interest including the name of the position for which you are applying, your qualifications, and professional experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number). References will not be contacted until the candidate progresses to the latter stages of the search process.
- Diversity and Inclusion statement detailing how your teaching, service and/or scholarship, or other work related to the position, supports ASU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion as outlined above and in the ASU charter.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Rachel Otero at
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by January 4, 2022. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert