Advocate Intensivist Partners (AIP) is hiring an intensivist for Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, IL. Also options to work at multiple hospitals throughout the Chicagoland area. Critical Care candidates should have an excellent clinical skill set, commitment to resident teaching, a strong work ethic and most importantly looking to build a career with a dedicated team. A critical care fellowship program has been approved to begin July, 2023.
- AIP is designed to build a strong team of Intensivist leadership, who have a unified vision of how an Intensive Care Unit should operate, who take ownership of the Critical Care Units, and who apply contemporary critical care concepts to improve the quality of care and patient safety.
- Intensivists back up the rapid response team for in house issues, and actively support the ED to promote more efficient throughput.
- Triage, stabilize and manage consults for the critically ill patients in a quaternary referral hospital.
- These units are closed units. The Intensivists are the sole deciders of Admissions, Discharges, Triage and Transfers. All orders go through the team. Intensivists are paid per shift and not RVU so as not to reward gratuitous procedures. Intensivists have structured multi-disciplinary rounds and include the palliative care team. Current metrics around Mortality, Clabsi, LOS and Vent Days have been superb.
- AIP covers Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Advocate Sherman Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate South Suburban Hospital.
Members of the AIP group work together to provide 24/7 care. Shifts are scheduled in 12-hour increments which has been shown to improve patient care and patient satisfaction. Shifts can be broken down to 3, 4, or 5 days of continuous coverage. Each physician works 1,932 hours per year for full-time.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.