Ochsner Health in Covington, Louisiana is seeking a BC/BE Foot a Sports Medicine/General Orthopedic Surgeon to join its practice. Candidates with experience or directly from training are welcomed to apply. The position offers a very competitive salary with excellent benefits.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- General Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Coverage
- Group Subspecialty Practice
- Join a highly collegial system wide group comprised of general orthopedics and orthopedic sub-specialties
- Ochsner Health Center Covington and St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- Integrated practice model with a strong, internal referral network
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Strong support from collaborative specialties
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
- MD or DO
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana by start date
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience and training
- Full benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation and CME; retirement accounts
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Why choose the Northshore Region
The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA, is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. The Northshore Region, in St Tammany Parish, just 30 miles from New Orleans, offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system.
Why choose Ochsner Health
At Ochsner, innovation is at the core of everything we do. We are a pioneer in telemedicine and population health, including innovative chronic disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes. Our team-based practices are designed to provide you with the support you need to best serve your patients, while also offering excellent work-life balance. Ochsner s commitment to coordination of care will allow you to seamlessly refer patients to a trusted specialist. Our strong commitment to academic medicine offers you participation in clinical teaching with options for academic teaching, research and academic titles.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 19,000 employees and over 1,200 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
We are able to accept J1 visa candidates.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.