As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University of Minnesota is seeking an outstanding scientist in the field of diabetes and obesity to participate in building a nationally-recognized research division within a growing department.
About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in extramural funding, a history of collaborative research, and experience in teaching and mentoring.
- Responsibilities include maintaining an active research program, participating in educational activities of the division, and leading activities to build collaborative research in diabetes and obesity.
About the Department
The Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes in the Department of Medicine at the University of Minnesota consists of 14 University based faculty, 6 faculty based at the Minneapolis Veterans Administration Medical Center, and 3 faculty based at Hennepin County Medical Center. Faculty are involved in all aspects of endocrinology practice and investigation, with particular strengths in diabetes and obesity. Training efforts are supported by a NIH T32 in Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, as well as an ACFMG-certified endocrinology training program. Opportunities exist for joint appointments in basic science departments for candidates interested in graduate education.
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, DO, or any combination)
- Academic experiences that will allow appointment at the level of associate professor, tenure track or higher
- Physician scientists are urged to apply, but will be asked to have limited responsibilities in the clinical aspects of the division.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
An application for the corresponding academic component of this position should be submitted through University of Minnesota employment site.
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis – St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.