Department of Medicine | City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks an Infectious Diseases Physician to Provide Services for our Duarte Campus
The Department of Medicine at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking applications for a full-time clinical faculty position (Assistant Clinical Professor) for our Duarte, California Campus. This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
- Join a dynamic group of 5 full-time infectious diseases specialists
- Work out of one location
- The hospital is located on campus
- Clinical time is divided between inpatient and outpatient services
- day dedicated time for academic, administrative, or teaching activities
- 10% academic/research time grant for new faculty
- Outpatient clinics 1-2 days a week
- Inpatient consultation call will be approximately 1:5 weeks
- clinical research opportunities abound and are encouraged
- Active or eligible for California medical license
- ABIM board certification in Infectious Diseases
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in transplant infectious disease or graduating from fellowship program that is heavily focused towards immunocompromised host infections (hematologic malignancy/ HCT)
- 1-2 years working within hematologic malignancies preferred
- MGMA competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life, Malpractice, CME allowance, 20 days paid vacation, 3 personal days, 18 sick days, 6 holidays, and 10 CME days
- City of Hope adds 20% of salary to your retirement account (NOT a match you don t contribute a penny) each year; up to IRS max.
- Graduating Fellows with significant exposure to transplant infectious disease during training strongly encouraged to apply!
- Graduating Fellows who have interest in infectious diseases in immunocompromised hosts welcome to apply!
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope has been ranked among the nation s Best Hospitals in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 30 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits.
In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County market. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."?
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Long Beach, Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.