Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced EMS Physician to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
- Direct our team of 3 fellowship-trained EMS physicians and 4 EMS coordinators who provide oversight of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine in our 4 hospital, 4 ED system.
- Baystate Medical Center, the is region’s only Level 1 Trauma and tertiary care referral center serving over 101,000 annual ED visits in FY21. Our three community EDs serve a combined volume of 90,000 annual visits.
- More than 40,000 EMS arrivals are brought to Baystate Medical Center annually.
- Oversee future expansion of EMS services to include an ACGME approved fellowship, Mobile Integrated Health Care, on-scene medical control and Critical Care Transport for both air-medical and ground transport.
- Direct and oversee delivery of a variety of services to urban, rural, municipal, volunteer, private and Fire Department-based agencies. Administrative time to organize and direct our regional EMS system in conjunction with our regional EMS medical directors and coordinators.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with faculty appointment at University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: ABMS BC in Emergency Medicine Services is required. A focus on pre-hospital clinical research and quality improvement is highly desirable. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning is essential for success.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.All correspondence can be directed to:
Niels Rathlev, MD, Chair of Emergency Medicine, Baystate Health
c/o Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter, Baystate Health
Telephone: 413.794.2624; Email: Melissa.Hale@BaystateHealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.