Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center is offering an exciting opportunity for a FT Obstetrician & Gynecologist to join our team in Cumberland County, PA.
- Shared call with post call day off
- Excellent opportunity for OBGYN physician looking to join a group with a lot of growth potential
- NP, PA, CNM support
- Competitive salary and generous benefits including relocation assistance, PSLF and malpractice insurance
- M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree
- Candidates must be BC/BE in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- Cumberland County has a population of 250,000+ and is the fastest growing county in Pennsylvania
- The area offers excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail access points located within Cumberland County, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Practice is located approximately 9 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people system wide.
- The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 126 outpatient practices in 94 locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
- In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
- Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 Million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, and other health care professions and biomedical research.