Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD)
STAFF CLINICIAN: CLINICAL RESEARCH SUPPORT
Genetics, Neurology, Developmental-behavioral Pediatrics, Endocrinology
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Clinical Director (OCD), is recruiting Staff Clinicians to engage in clinical research at the NIH Clinical Research Center (CRC) in the areas of genetics, neurology, developmental-behavioral pediatrics, and endocrinology. These are important positions that will allow us to serve the mission of the NIH, NICHD to conduct clinical research.
Applications are being accepted for highly motivated individuals to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary research teams to facilitate clinical research including Food and Drug Administration regulated drug trials. Areas of research include rare genetic diseases as well as pediatric, adult, and reproductive endocrinology.
Desired Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate will have:
- M.D. (or equivalent degree), licensed to practice medicine in the United States and eligible to be credentialed for patient care by the National Institutes of Health, Clinical Center.
- Board certification or Board Eligibility in Pediatrics, Family Medicine, or both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Subspecialty training in Clinical Genetics, Neurology, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics or Endocrinology
- Function in concert with protocol coordinators, research nurses, and principal investigators to support ongoing clinical research projects and will be integrally involved in the development of new clinical research protocols.
- Involved with data collection, interpretation, and publication
Full Federal benefits including salary, leave, health and life insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement, and savings plan (401k equivalent) will be provided. Salary is commensurate with research experience and accomplishments.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, bibliography, a short description of future research interests, and request three reference letters be sent to: Dr. Meg Keil via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Initial review of applications will be initiated on March 3, 2022 and be conducted on a rolling basis.
DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.