We are seeking an Endocrinologist to join our program!
Our faculty lead cutting-edge NIH-funded research programs in diabetes, obesity, metabolic bone disease, and endocrine-related cancers that complement existing UW strengths in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, genetics of type 2 diabetes, islet transplantation, cancer biology, nutrition, and public health. We provide clinical care to many patients with endocrine disorders in the upper Midwest and beyond in our state-of-the art facilities. Several multidisciplinary clinics for thyroid tumors, pituitary tumors, polycystic ovarian syndrome, gender dysphoria, and metabolic bone disease are led by our faculty. Our inpatient Diabetes Management Service has a long history of national distinction for innovative and outstanding care, which was instrumental in the Joint Commission naming UW Health a Diabetes Center of Excellence in 2014.
This position will have clinical responsibilities including:
- Provide patient care at UW Health approved locations; provide clinical teaching to medical students, residents, and fellows.
- CHS Track will be expected to engage in active collaborative research.
- Opportunities for teaching/leadership positions at the medical school, residency program, clinical administration
- Qualified candidate may serve as the Director of Diabetes Care, leading clinical diabetes care and quality improvement in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- MD/ DO and eligible for a Wisconsin Medical License
- Completed Endocrinology fellowship training and be certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism.
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal and communication skills are expected.
- Women and members of underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Wisconsin is #4 most physician-friendly state and Madison is frequently ranked among Best Places to Live. Wonderful outdoor and fitness opportunities within and around Madison. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. To learn more, see www.visitmadison.com.