Penn State Health is seeking candidates for a fulltime Breast Surgeon to join our growing team in Cumberland County, PA.
Penn State Health Oakwood Breast Center offers the following services at PSH Holy Spirit Medical Center and our newest facility, PSH Hampden Medical Center
- Well established program 100% focused on breast care
- NAPBC accredited, offering patients the latest advancements in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBS) National certification in breast stereotactic and ultrasound biopsies
- PT/OT including lymphedema therapy, myofascial release, and range of motion therapy
- Onsite radiology and biopsy available: 3D Screening and diagnostic mammography, as well as breast ultrasound with ability to provide stereotactic and ultrasound guided biopsies
- Weekly multidisciplinary tumor conference allowing individualized and targeted plans of care
- Onsite minimally invasive procedures: Breast surgical clip placements, minimally invasive lesion removal
- High risk screening program including genetic testing
- Survivorship nurse navigator support
- Facilitation and leadership of a local women s support group and offering various programs to the community for women s health and well-being
- Competitive salary and excellent benefit package including:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision
- Paid Medical Leave and Parental Leave
- Retirement with up to 10% employer contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Malpractice Coverage
What we re seeking
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE Surgery with completion of a breast surgery fellowship
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people systemwide.
- The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 126 outpatient practices in 94 locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
- Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 Million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, and other health care professions and biomedical research.
- Cumberland County is the fastest growing county in Pennsylvania.
- Offering a vibrant urban area surrounded by small town rural communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, Jubilee Day (oldest 1 day street fair on the east coast), farmer s markets and some of the finest dining in the region.
- For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, skiing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League s Hershey Bears, the Washington Nationals AA Baseball s Harrisburg Senators, and the Williams Grove
- The area offers excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state
- South Central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban, and city living is within a 2-hour drive to weekend destinations such as the Poconos s, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore, and only a 3-hour drive from New York City, Pittsburgh, and the eastern shore.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.