The Memphis, TN Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting full or part-time Gastroenterologists. Provide patient care in our GI clinics, inpatient & outpatient GI consults, and inpatient & outpatient GI endoscopies. Perform both emergent and elective, diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopies and upper GI endoscopies. Advanced endoscopy training is desired but not required. Ideal candidate will be eligible for a faculty appointment at our academic affiliate, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Educate and train med students, residents and fellows through bedside rounds, didactic sessions & Grand Round presentations. Research is encouraged. Reasonable on-call!
Assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans up to $200K available! Sign on bonus available!
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 Days paid absence to attend CME
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time per year w/ unlimited carry over; 10 paid holidays
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
Memphis is the heart of the Mid-South, with a seasonal climate and a lot to offer. There is no state income tax. The city offers a variety of entertainment activities: Beale Street, where the blues, jazz and rock meet on one street; Memphis in May International Festival; NBA Memphis Grizzlies; Memphis Redbirds; Mud Island; Graceland, home of Elvis Presley; several theaters, touring shows, music, art, science museums; parks, gardens, golf courses, lakes and nearby forests. Within easy commuting distance, you can choose to live in a stylish condo in downtown, complete with a view of the Mighty Mississippi; a Victorian-style home; a bungalow in Midtown; or a newer home with a spacious yard in the suburbs.