We re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Partnering with the LSU School of Medicine, our goal is to provide high-quality patient care within a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of leaders in healthcare. We are committed to providing opportunities for our staff that develop and grow careers in a compassionate team-oriented environment focused on patients first.
At Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana and discover your future today!
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport are currently seeking a Palliative Medicine Physician to join our team. This position will serve in the Department of Medicine under the direction of the Chair, Steven Bailey, MD. Must be BC/BE and be eligible for a Louisiana license.
Practicing and teaching the fundamental skills of palliative care, such as:
- Enhancing the quality of life for patients and their families when confronting serious or life changing illness,
- Addressing complex symptom management,
- Minimizing other domains of human suffering by providing psychosocial, existential and spiritual support to patients and their families,
- Assisting with communication, advanced care planning and end-of-life decision making that addresses the values and goals of the patient,
- Ensuring a continuum of care across various clinical settings during the trajectory of illness
- Managing pain control, alleviation of psychosocial distress, provide support for spiritual concerns and meet the practical needs of the patient throughout the continuum of health care.
- Improving a patient s and his or her family s access to information that can help them to understand the patient s condition and the range of treatment options available.
- Coordination of care across different settings by facilitating communication among providers, especially as changes occur in the patient s condition and needs.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply HERE