The Department of Surgery at Albany Medical College seeks a full-time Endocrine Surgeon at the Assistant/Associate Professor level to join two existing partners. Candidates must be BE/BC in general surgery and have completed an Endocrine Surgery Fellowship program.? Faculty will be eligible for an academic appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level commensurate with experience.?Albany Med offers an environment of academic inquiry, cutting-edge technology, and minimally invasive approaches, clinical or basic research support.
- Strong referral base across the Capital region
- 800+ endocrine cases annually (Thyroid, Parathyroid, Adrenal)
- High volume of Graves Disease and Malignancy
- Access to state-of-the-art technology such as da Vinci Xi surgical robot
- Opportunity to teach residents, medical students, and advanced practice providers
- Located in a new, modern, and aesthetically pleasing suite
- System-wide EMR
- Board-certified/Board-eligible in General Surgery
- Fellowship trained in Endocrine Surgery
- Able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience
- Team oriented with ability to work and interact with residents, fellow physicians and administration, as well as provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients
Highly competitive salary with incentive bonus, Rich benefits package including malpractice coverage and retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with level of academic appointment
Albany Medical Center is northeastern New York s only academic health sciences center and the largest private sector employer in the Capital Region. The Center incorporates the 766-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, one of New York's largest teaching hospitals. Albany Medical College, one of the nation's first private medical colleges, educates many of the doctors and other medical professionals that practice in the region and provides residency and continuing medical education programs. Albany Medical Center also supports a biomedical research enterprise to further understanding of illness and discovery of tomorrow s cures.
Located at the heart of New York s Capital Region, Albany is a culturally and environmentally diverse area that is home to nearly one million residents. The three main cities of the Capital Region-Albany, Troy, and Schenectady, and their suburbs, just a short commute away-offer a range of affordable, safe, and comfortable neighborhoods with quality schools and active community groups. In 2010, Forbes named Albany one of the top ten cities to raise a family. All four seasons sizzle with indoor and outdoor activities, including festivals, monthly art walks, music, and family-friendly events making the Capital Region a great place to live, work, and thrive at a perfect pace.
Letters of inquiry and curriculum vitae should be sent to:
Valerie D Aloia
Albany Medical Center
47 New Scotland Ave, MC 47
Albany, NY 12208
To learn more about the capital region please visit www.amc.edu/greatplace
Albany Medical College is a private institution and a non-discriminatory AA/EOE (minorities and women are encouraged to apply).