To support its thriving clinical service, the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Tufts Medical Center is seeking a full-time surgical pathologist with fellowship training in Women's Health (gynecologic and/or breast pathology).
Why join our team:
The Department of Pathology is accredited by both the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. The Anatomic Pathology service accessioned approximately 20,000 specimens in 2019 (pre-COVID pandemic), including a variety of biopsies and large surgical specimens. There were over 11,000 GYN pap cytology and approximately 600 non-GYN cytology cases.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected, 400-bed, tertiary care academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you'll transform patient care:
- You'll be responsible for general surgical pathology sign-out with subspecialty focus in breast and GYN pathology
- You'll participate in clinical conferences and teaching conferences
- You'll have ample opportunities and support for clinical, translational, and basic science research
- You'll quality for an academic appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
Who you are:
- Possess an MD (or equivalent), and eligible to obtain a medical license in the State of Massachusetts
- Fellowship training in Women's Health (gynecologic and/or breast pathology)
- BC/BE in AP/CP
- Excellent communication skills to interact with clinicians, administrators, and department staff
- Possess a strong interest in teaching pathology residents, fellows, and medical students
COVID-19 Policy: To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary commensurate with academic rank and experience
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Generous 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
How to apply:
Submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Physician Recruiter at email@example.com.
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Wellforce. Wellforce brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.