Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
Fort Carson, CO: Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.Who May Apply:
- Serves as a Medical Officer in the Emergency Room (ER) receiving a wide range of cases and the immediate initial recognition, evaluation, care and disposition of patients in response to acute illness and injury.
- Receives patients entering the ER having any of a variety of emergency conditions during or after duty hours as need arises.
- Examines patients and orders appropriate tests to evaluate patients, chief complaint and related complaints; ascertains medical needs and initiates action to provide needed services.
- Provides professional guidance and direction to physician assistants, Nurse Practitioners and physician assistant students working in the ER.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.