Job Description & Requirements
Anesthesiologist - Corpus Christi in Texas
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $500000.00 - 550000.00???Opportunity Highlights
- Anesthesia group covers two hospitals with hearts performed mostly at larger of the two. – there are currently 7 Anesthesiologists in the group including two dedicated Cardiac Anesthesiologists who do not do general work.
- There are 20-30 CRNA’s at any given time covering both hospitals. The CRNA’s work highly independently and handle their own cases, collaborating with the MD’s when needed. The physicians are often there to mix the Anesthesia, provide backup and help with breaks for the CRNA’s as well as help in the ICU and PACU at times.
- This is a high quality of life position given both the nature of the daily work as well as the schedule – physicians work two weeks on, one week off.
- Call during week 1 is Mon, Wed and Fri-Sun and during week 2 it is only Tuesday and Thursday. Call can be taken from home in the evenings and nights and because the CRNA’s handle trauma and the CV Anesthesiologists take all of the heart call, it is fairly common to remain home most call nights.
- Post call days are often off. Physicians are used only when needed on post call days, so these are often banked as vacation. This, plus every third week off, accumulates an average of 17 weeks off for the Anesthesiologists.
- There is no Obstetric work for the Anesthesiologists as the CRNA’s handle it.
- Minimal, almost non-existent Pediatric cases.
- The case load primarily consists of Ortho, Gyn, Robotic, Spine, Colonoscopies, Gallbladders, and Appendectomies.
- Daily volume averages 20-40 cases per day handled by roughly 10-13 providers at any given time. The number of rooms/cases declines towards the end of the day and therefore the number of providers declines as well. There are usually no more than 3 rooms running by 7pm.
- Most of the shifts are day shifts given there are 2 providers dedicated to nights.
- The larger hospital is a busy level II trauma center and CRNA’s are seeing all types of cases, typically ASA 3 & 4.
About the Company
- Candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas and must be board eligible or certified in Anesthesiology.
- Medical degree required
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES