Catholic Health seeks an OB-GYN physician OB Hospitalist/Laborist in our Sisters Hospital location. The role is in a busy, high risk site, with excellent support.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Competitive Compensation - let's talk
- Collaborative and experienced staff
- Level III NICU
- 24-hour Neonatology Support
- Residency Program on site
- MFM Consults available
- Board Certified OB-GYN
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license
- Electronic Fetal Monitor (EFM) Certified within one year of privileges on Medical Staff.
- Routine care for all Obstetrical patients, including high-risk obstetrical patients.
- Provide in-house obstetrical services, including but not limited to emergency cesarean sections, spontaneous vaginal or operative vaginal births, and rounding on antepartum, laboring, and postpartum patients.
- Provide backup support to obstetrical providers when requested, including VBAC coverage.
- Assist other attending physicians in surgery when requested and performing emergency GYN procedures that present through Emergency Department
LABOR & DELIVERY
The Labor and Delivery is integrated with the post-partum and the NICU. Communication and handoffs are solid and the overall environment is collaborative and supportive. All staff are Electronic Fetal Monitor certified (including the nurses) and safety drills are a regular part of the culture.
There are supportive adult and pediatric providers available, including Board Certified Neonatologists, adult specialists as well as a NNPs, PAs and Pediatricians. Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage is available for consults. The anesthesia coverage is excellent and the critical communication among departments is streamlined with the EPIC EMR.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
- Catholic Health Has 5 hospitals throughout Western New York State
- Catholic Health s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and Specialty centers
- Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
- Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Neuro, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
- Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, all without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Deemed one of most affordable places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Has incredible architecture
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.