To support its thriving clinical service, Tufts Medical Center is seeking an academically-oriented Clinical Microbiologist to join the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine as the Director of the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory.
Why join our team:
The Department of Pathology is accredited by both the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. The clinical laboratory services include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, microbiology, anatomic and molecular pathology, among others.
The full-service Microbiology Laboratory is responsible for aerobic and anaerobic bacteriology, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, virology, mycology, mycobacteriology, parasitology, and advanced molecular microbiology diagnostics. The state-of-the-art technology in the lab includes MALDI-TOF for organism identification, multiple molecular diagnostic platforms and the use of biomarkers in the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Our microbiology team collaborates closely with Infectious Diseases, Infection Prevention, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and Laboratory Stewardship. Tufts is an Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) Antimicrobial Stewardship Center of Excellence.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you'll transform patient care:
- You'll be responsible for the overall operation and management of the microbiology lab section
- You'll provide and provides technical, regulatory, and quality oversight of the clinical microbiology lab
- You may provide cross-coverage and share call with other sections of Clinical Pathology
- You'll have access to state-of-the-art technology in the lab
- You'll collaborate closely with Infectious Diseases, Infection Prevention, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and Laboratory Stewardship
- You'll have ample opportunities and support for clinical, translational, and basic science research
- You'll quality for an academic appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
Who you are:
- Possess an MD (or equivalent) and Board Certified/Board Eligible in Anatomical or Clinical Pathology
- Significant fellowship and/or clinical experience in microbiology
- Demonstrated success in laboratory management, particularly in areas of Immunology and Microbiology, with preferentially 3-5 years of post-fellowship experience
- Expertise in other areas of pathology, including but not limited to molecular pathology and LIS, is desirable
- Candidates with funded research programs are encouraged to apply
- Eligible to obtain a medical license in the State of Massachusetts
COVID-19 Policy: To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Generous 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
How to apply:
You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Provider Recruiter at email@example.com.
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Wellforce Wellforce brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.