Tufts Medical Center is seeking a specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians and perinatologists.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you're a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a team-based environment.
Why join our team:
The Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, including perinatal consultations, genetic counseling and prenatal care for patients with high-risk pregnancies. Our state-of-the-art Prenatal Diagnosis Center offers all current diagnostic procedures, such as routine and targeted sonographic examination, amniocentesis, chronic villus sampling and fetal blood sampling. We also perform fetal procedures and operative obstetrics techniques, including cordocentesis, fetal transfusion and fetal shuntinga service not all maternal fetal medicine programs provide.
Tufts Medical Center's academic division of Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) provides care at six satellites each week, round-the-clock Labor & Delivery coverage, and a large telemedicine program. The Division is very stable with a good mix of junior and senior faculty. The ideal candidate should have experience and interest in clinical obstetrics, prenatal diagnosis and high-risk pregnancy care. Our faculty have a strong interest in teaching MFM fellows, residents, and medical students.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Wellforce Health System which also includes MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Circle Health (Lowell General Hospital). The position will be primarily based at Tufts Medical Center, but each faculty member spends some time with our community partners.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. The Mother Infant Research Institute has dedicated bench space and technicians for MFMs interested in basic and translational research. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you'll transform patient care:
- You'll have all the advantage of working at a tertiary care hospital but also spend some time in a community-based site.
- You'll be able to practice full scope high risk obstetrics within a group that uses laborists for most night call.
- You'll provide comprehensive care to our multicultural population
- You'll be provided with an existing patient base
- You'll be a valuable member of the care team alongside physician colleagues and certified genetic counselors
- You'll join and contribute to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- You'll embrace one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
Who you are:
- Board certified or board eligible in OB/GYN
- Fellowship trained in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- In pursuit of an academic career and interested in resident and student teaching, entering at either an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- A team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- Eligible for or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and a community-based site within the Wellforce system
How to apply: You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Anny Hamshaw, Physician Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Wellforce: At Wellforce, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Wellforce takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.