Enloe Medical Center is a 298-bed, level II trauma center located in Northern California, City of Chico. It offers the North Valley a full continuum of health services ranging from preventative education and outpatient services to acute care, behavioral health, inpatient rehabilitation, home health and hospice services. Servicing more than 400,000 residents in a six-county region in Northern California, we provide quality, compassionate, cost-effective care to our patients. Enloe Medical Center is the largest medical center in the region and is the only acute care facility in a city with a metropolitan population of over 100,000 people. We recently completed a 191,000 square foot expansion to the main campus adding 13 large and fully-integrated operating suites, converting all patient suites to private, a state-of-the-art GI lab, new Mother & Baby Care Center, and brand new Coronary and Neuro-Trauma (Surgical) ICU s.
We are currently seeking a full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologist to join our hospital-based practice
- Regional Gastroenterology Referral Center
- Rated America s 100 Best in Gastrointestinal Care by Healthgrades 2020 & 2021 and 2020 Leapfrog Top General Hospital Award
- Patient services include diagnostic, therapeutic and complex interventional gastrointestinal procedures (i.e. EUS, ERCP, ESD, capsule endoscopy, esophageal motility and clinic hemorrhoidal banding) for inpatient and outpatient settings
- Greater than 800 referrals monthly, will be busy from day one (about 8500 procedures per year)
- 5 dedicated Endoscopy suites with state-of-the-art equipment and anesthesia support present
- Call is 1:6, with only one hospital to cover, currently 5 Gastroenterologists, 2 GI Hospitalists, 3 Nurse Practitioners and 1 Dietician
- Physician Autonomy and flexible schedule offering work-life balance
- Competitive compensation, 2 year income guarantee then transition to an RVU-production model, malpractice, relocation and sign-on bonus provided
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
- Possess or be eligible for California State License
Chico is an extremely easy place to live. It has a pleasant, small town atmosphere with no long commutes. At the same time, the influence of California State University at Chico ensures a sophisticated and varied choice of cultural and entertainment activities. Chico has excellent public, charter, and private schools and abundant opportunities for outdoor activities. Our accommodating Mediterranean climate offers almost 300 days of sunshine a year. We re home to one of the largest municipal parks in the nation at over 3,600 acres. It has miles of engaging trails to hike, bike, or ride horses. Chico s downtown encompasses local restaurants, boutiques; retail shops and a Park Plaza. Free concerts and movies in the park take place during the summer months. Performing arts, coffee shops, book stores, taverns, city offices and Chamber of Commerce embraces our thriving downtown. Chico s Farmers Market attracts locales on Saturday mornings and Thursday evenings. Chico is easily accessible to popular destinations, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, Napa Valley, San Francisco, Reno and the California Coast.