Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Adolescent Medicine is seeking a BC/BE full-time Adolescent Medicine Physician.
Join our Division of Adolescent Medicine now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
Interested applicants please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
- The faculty member will join 4 Adolescent Medicine fellowship-trained pediatricians, as well as 3 nurse practitioners and other subspecialists
- Multidisciplinary clinical practice, with a concentration on pre-teens, teens, and young adults with eating disorders
- Other divisional clinical activities include the treatment of complex medical/psychosocial disorders, weight management, reproductive health, gender health and substance use disorders; clinical responsibilities involve both outpatient clinical work and consultation on inpatient units..
- Opportunity to teach medical students, residents, and fellows
- Opportunities to initiate and participate in clinical research and quality projects
- Academic rank is commensurate with experience
- As a member of the academic division, there are ample opportunities to initiate and participate in scholarly projects
- There is also the unique opportunity to enroll in our institution's Junior Faculty Development program
- This is a mature program designed to assist junior faculty in the development of a project that can lead to a successful and fulfilling academic career
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Adolescent Medicine
- MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- BC/BE in Adolescent Medicine preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children’s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa. and Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University’s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.